Check4Change is designed to be intuitive and simple for the new user, yet powerful for the advanced user.
Read the tutorial for first-time use, and for the full feature documentation.
Feeling Like a VIP?
If you use Check4Change often and find it useful, consider becoming a C4C VIP.
By becoming VIP you help support the project, and also get some cool stuff, including email notification and several new groovy sound bites.
Want to hear more?
Got Questions or Feedback?
I'm always happy to hear your ideas, bugs, feature requests or just how you are using C4C Use the FAQ and Feedback Form.
New features in version 2.2:
- Added: Play audio in a loop until stopped
- Added: Tab animation as a notification
- Added: Volume control
- Added: Bring window to front if minimized
- Several bug fixes including popup blocking sound file selection.
- Experimental Feature: Monitor changes to HTML (This is in case a change is only in the text color for example).
New features in version 2.1:
- Job status window is now hide-able.
- Context menu (right click) is options with 1-click quick jobs.
- Tab title now shows a countdown timer and status.
- Ability to update settings of running job.
- Option to save current settings as the default settings.
- Several general bug fixes.
New features in version 2.0:
- This is a complete rewrite from scratch of the extension as a WebExtension for FireFox 57.
- As such, please expect some bugs and report them in order to get the extension working perfectly
New features in version 188.8.131.52:
- Fix yet more incompatibility issues that arose from internal changes in FireFox 45.
New features in version 1.9.8:
- Fix incompatibility issues that arose from internal changes in FireFox 45.
- Loading is now faster.
- General bug-fixes and enhancements.
New features in version 1.9.7:
- Multiple selections. Can select more several selections using the Ctrl (or Command) key. C4C will monitor changes in any of them.
- Log file now opens automatically in a new tab if it is used.
- Several bug fixes (in particular a false-alarm bug that began to occur in recent Fire-Fox versions).
New features in version 1.9.6:
- Added link to Options window from context menu. The Options menu holds several options for power users who may have not known it existed.
- Revamped UI a bit.
- Several bug fixes.
- VIP: persistent email sender. When sending email notification, if the C4C server is unreachable, the extension will retry every few minutes as long as the browser is open.
- VIP: added option to resend activation email in VIP profile. This email contains the link needed to setup VIP in the extension.
New features in version 1.9.5:
- Quick fix for a bug in FF 28 causing c4c tab countdown problems.
New features in version 1.9.4:
- Reduced false-alarm notifications.
- More concise email and log entries.
- Improved handling of complex web pages.
- Several bug fixes and enhancements.
New features in version 1.9.3:
- Added countdown timer on monitored tab
- Click on tab stops notification music.
- Added option to not re-select the monitored text every reload.
- Several bug fixes and enhancements.
New features in version 1.9:
- Send Email as notification! (For VIP users)
- 5 new extra groovy sound clips! (For VIP users)
- Improved change detection algorithm. Less false alarms.
- Complete makeover of options dialogs. Looks better now..
- Log each C4C monitor to a separate file.
- Sound volume setting.
- Various bug fixes.
- Removed "Can't Continue" message. C4C can just handle it now...
New features in version 1.8.6:
- Sound notification can now be set to repeat until clicking the tab. This is useful if you are away from the computer.
- Removed annoying "Can't Continue" message. It is now shown only once per job, and even this can be removed from the options dialog.
- Added Absolute Positioning feature. Useful in rare cases.
- Several bug fixes and under the hood enhancements.